Saturday, September 12, 2009

Beans and Tomato Salsa

I made a Tomato Salsa and Sister Gurr's Braided dessert bread today for a baby shower I attended. The dessert bread especially didn't take very long (as bread goes) and was relatively easy to do.

Beans and Tomato Salsa
(like quite a few people, I am trying to figure out what to do with my tomatoes so this salsa was part of my answer)

2 cans of Black Beans
Tomatoes (I used both red tomatoes and cherry tomatoes)
1 can of Corn
2 gloves of garlic
White onion... I used about 1/4 of the onion.
Cilantro
Salt
Lemon Juice

I tossed everything together and let it sit in the fridge overnight.

(I realize my recipes are pretty vague ... this one is actually my better ones. I am too impatient to measure (gets me in trouble every time I bake) so my recipes will usually just have ingredients but kinda slim on the measurements. My standard rule is to just keep adding until it tastes good. Sorry if this frustrates some people, but I would never post any recipes, or cook for that matter, if it required me to measure every step of the way.)


Sister Gurr's Dessert Bread (I was too lazy to make the icing that should've gone with the recipe, so I just drizzled chocolate sauce on it instead. ) It received good response from everyone at the party.

1 comment: